Are you looking for great first date conversation topics that can help to ease the awkwardness? If so, you’re going to love these simple ideas! Communication on the first date can be a lot of fun!
In a world filled with feminism and the uprising of the independent woman, men are starting to fade as the breadwinners in relationships. Of course, we are fully independent but we are still women and like to be taken care of.
101 Conversation Starters for Couples by Gary Chapman and Ramon PressonConversation Casanova: How to Effortlessly Start Conversations and Flirt Like a ProBetter Small Talk: Talk to Anyone, Avoid Awkwardness, Generate Deep Conversations, and Make Real FriendsI Hear You: The Surprisingly Simple Skill Behind Extraordinary Relationships
The question arises: who’s supposed to pay for the bill? Is that still the guy’s job or do we all go dutch? Or even 50/50 on the bill? What about the conversation? Who is supposed to carry the conversation?
The answer is that most strong, career-minded women have started to carry the conversations when it comes to the dating scene. They aren’t going to wait for the man to carry on the conversation because quite simply, we all want to get to the essence of your date so you aren’t wasting your time.
What happens when the guy is intimidated by his looks or his actual independence and you panic? What’s your next question going to be or where do you want the conversation to go? When you panic, use these go-to conversation topics to relax the mood a little more.
Related: online dating guide for women
Try These First Date Conversation Topics To Break The Ice
- Favorite Type Of Music – The number one thing all humans have in common is they love to be entertained. When you ask what kind of music he enjoys listening to on a daily basis; you can get a strong sense of who he is and his personality type. You could also bring up the question of his favorite concert he’s ever attended.
- Family Life/Hometown – The next thing you can talk about that will actually be a shock to most men would be to ask them about their family life! How was it growing up, where did he grow up, would he ever move back, etc. Just ask him how his childhood was and what his favorite memories are.
- Hidden Talents – Not everyone does every single thing they are passionate about. Some people are amazing singers but they just like singing as a hobby and would never pursue it as a career choice. Ask him if he has any hidden talents you should know about! He may surprise you.
- Trips – Whether it was for business or pleasure, ask him if he’s gone on any sort of trip recently or attended a seminar of some sort. Let him describe the surroundings he witnessed on the trip and see if you can see that glimpse of a glimmer in his eye. Those are the kind of people to keep.
- Future – The last topic you could discuss is where he sees himself in the future. A successful man (or just a driven one) has a 1-year, 5-year, 10-year, and 20-year plan. Ask him about every single stage of his future plans and let him know about yours. The future is one of those topics people can listen to (or talk about) to for hours on end.
What You Shouldn’t Talk About
As you all probably know, there are 2 very important topics that you absolutely should never bring up on the first 5 dates (at least).
3. Weird facts. Like how you just cleaned a rug from blood stains 😳
As long as you steer clear of (at least) the 2 first topics, you’ll have an enjoyable date (unless you’re dating a spiritual leader or a politician…then you must proceed with caution).